st: RE: sample selection model with more than 2 choices

From   "Gustavo Sanchez" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: sample selection model with more than 2 choices
Date   Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:14:35 -0600

On Moday Marian Asked

> Does Stata  do Heckman selection model with more than  2 choices?   I have
> more than 2 (actually 4) treatment groups.  I am not sure if the stata
> commands like heckman or heckprob can help me.  Are there modified
versions
> of these commands to analyze selection model with more than 2 choices in
> stata.

>Is there any other way to calculate an estimator for the selection model
with
>a mulltinomial selection.

There is a user-written command -selmlog- that estimates linear regression
models on a selected subset of observations, where selectivity is modeled as
a multinomial logit.

	To locate and install the command type:

		net from http://www.crest.fr/pageperso/lmi/gurgand

	and click on the blue link "selmlog"