Re: st: Negative Variance Inflation Factor-collin command

Subject   Re: st: Negative Variance Inflation Factor-collin command
Date   Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:42:53 -0500

At 06:53 PM 2/22/2005 +0100, you wrote:

variables on the others) I think you are right that the original command
used in the regression does not change the results, because the
accessory regressions should still be done by Stata through the reg
command.
Best Regards,
Diego
Just to be clear, -vif- is a post-estimation command that only works after you have run -regress-. I don't think there is any substantive reason it wouldn't be appropriate after several other commands (e.g. -logit-), it is just a matter of how the -vif- program is written. -collin- uses matrix commands to do its work; it doesn't run any regressions. -collin- is not a post-estimation command, i.e. you don't have to run some other command first.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/