st: Negative Variance Inflation Factor-collin command

From   "Diego Rei" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Negative Variance Inflation Factor-collin command
Date   Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:56:45 +0100

Good day to all,
I am trying to run a  collinearity test using the command "collin", on
panel data with several dummies and I get a very large negative value of
the mean vif, apparently due to these dummies, which have each a large
negative value. However, if I run the simple vif command (which I cannot
use after xtgls, the command I d rather use) I get very sensible
positive values.
 Does any one have a clue about what is happenening with collin?
Thanks for your attention.
Diego Rei