Stata The Stata listserver
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]

RE: st: histogram


From   "David Harrison" <david.harrison@icnarc.org>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: histogram
Date   Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:39:56 -0000

I think you will find that my example did exactly that - the bars in the histogram for price<=12000 add up to about 96% (the other 4% that are >12000 being ignored).

Take the more extreme example of plotting if price>12000 if you need more convincing...

sysuse auto, clear
twoway__histogram_gen price, percent gen(h x)
local w=x[2]-x[1]
gen zero=0 if !missing(h)
label var zero "Percent"
twoway rbar h zero x if x>12000, barw(`w')

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans J. Baumgartner [mailto:hbaumgartner@diw.de]
Sent: 22 February 2005 13:14
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: histogram


Thanks David and Scott for your suggestions but both do not render my 
problem.

The thing is that if I draw a histogram of var>190 I do not want the 
percent to add up to 100, since 100 percent is var without beeing 
restricted to be >190. So var>190 may be only 25 Percnet and so the 
histogram should show a scale that adds the bars to 25 Percent.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Hans

Hans J. Baumgartner schrieb:

> Hi,
> 
> I am trying to draw a histogram (option: percent). - hist var, percent -
> 
> If I attempt to draw the histogram just over a range of the var, i.e. – 
> hist var if var<190, percent – the range of <190 is taken as 100% and 
> y-axis is scaled accordingly.
> 
> How can I draw a histogram over the rage var<190 leaving where the 
> entire range of var is taken as the percent base.
> 
> Any suggestions?
> Hans
> 

-- 
Hans J. Baumgartner DIW Berlin
German Institute for Economic Research
Dept. Public Economics
Königin-Luise-Str. 5; 14195 Berlin; Germany
Tel.: +49/30/89789-307
Fax.: +49/30/89789-114
http://www.diw.de
http://www.hansbaumgartner.de


*
*   For searches and help try:
*   http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html
*   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/



*
*   For searches and help try:
*   http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html
*   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/



© Copyright 1996–2014 StataCorp LP   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   What's new   |   Site index