st: RE: sample selection model with more than 2 choices

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: sample selection model with more than 2 choices
Date   Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:36:42 -0600

Mariam,

Take a look at Fran�ois Bourguignon, Martin Fournier, and Marc Gurgand's
-selmlog- at http://www.crest.fr/pageperso/lmi/gurgand/selmlog.htm

Selection Bias Correction Based on the Multinomial Logit Model

Fran�ois Bourguignon, Martin Fournier, Marc Gurgand
"Abstract: In a widely quoted paper, Lee (1983) proposed a generalization of
the two-step method selection bias correction introduced by Heckman (1979)
that allows for any parameterized error distribution instead of simply
bi-variate normal. In the second part of his paper, Lee extended his method
to the case where selectivity is modeled as a multinomial logit. In this
note, we show that the result he then obtained relies on a very unlikely
particular case and we provide an easily implementable correction method to
get consistent estimates based on usual parametric assumptions."

Scott