RE: st: RE: RE: Displaying values less than one with a zero in front of the comma

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: Displaying values less than one with a zero in front of the comma
Date   Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:46:18 -0000

In general a macro is a character string.
It could contain "2.78128" or "Fred Wolfe",
etc.

I guess you want to able to say something
like

. set localformat %7.2f

with also a stipulation that that be ignored
whenever the content is not numeric.
Is that right?

My guess is that StataCorp could
do that fairly easily. I just don't