st: Reference for mlogit with cluster option

From   "Vartia, Niini" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Reference for mlogit with cluster option
Date   Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:17:04 +0100

Dear Statalisters,
IO would like to ask whether anyone could recommend me a reference concerning the use of clustered panel data with multinomial logit? In particular, I would be interested in how using cluster option in esitmation of  mlogit in Stata changes the standard estimation of mlogit. I have read about clustered panel data from Hosmer and Lemeshow (2000) but if I understood right they focus on binary variables. I also read about the use of cluster option in Long and Freese (2003).
Thank you in advance.
Laura Vartia