RE: st: question on chow test

From   "Daniel Schneider" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: question on chow test
Date   Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:07:42 -0800

I've got a follow-up on this one:

My model looks like this:

regress y x1 g2 g3 g4 g2x1 g3x1 g4x1 g2x2 g3x2 g4x2 x3 x4

I have more than one group and I have more than one variable that differ
and some control variables that should not vary across groups.

I know that with

testparm g2 g3 g4 g2x1 g3x1 g4x1 g2x2 g3x2 g4x2

I can test if the variables all together do vary across the groups.

But how can I test if, for example, the subgroup of x1 is differing
across groups. Is

testparm g2x1 g3x1 g4x1

Is this the correct way to do the test?

Secondly, can I use the differences between

g2x1 <-> g3x1 <-> g4x1

to describe the "strength" of the differences (amount of difference, in
the same meaning as effect strength compared to statistical
significance)?

Daniel