st: Merging files

From   me <>
Subject   st: Merging files
Date   Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:17:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi Statalisters:

I have read the manual several times and am still
unclear about how a match merge takes place.

In my orig dataset I have:

Resp. # and Zip Code

I want to match zip codes in the "using" dataset that
contains a zip code variable and a variable specifying
how many organizations exist in that zip code.

What I'd like to do is to search each Respondent's zip
and where a match is found, I'd like to attach the
number of organizations variable to that respondent.
I want to make sure that, for respondents who have
duplicate zips, they will both get the variable with #
of organizations attached.

Is this doable?  What would be the exact command?

Thank you for your help!

Dari Sylvester

Do You Yahoo!?