st: re: suest and ivreg

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: suest and ivreg
Date   Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:46:10 -0500

Gonzalo wrote:

I'm trying to run a -suest- for comparing estimates from iv and ols. I
been able to perform the test as I couldn't set the score option for the
-ivreg-. Does the iv estimator supports the score option? And if so, how
does the syntax goes for performing the test?

Gustavo replied:

The -ivreg- command supports the pscore option. However, the score series
obtained is no correct for -suest-. Therefore, at present it is not possible
to use suest to test ivreg vs ols. The alternative is the -hausman- command.

Another option is to use ivreg2 and its -orthog- option. findit ivreg2 for details.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics

* For searches and help try: