st: RE: Percent correctly predicted after oprobit

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Percent correctly predicted after oprobit
Date   Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:53:03 -0000

In the case of -logit- and -lstat-, choosing
to divide predicted probabilities at p = 0.5
is a little arbitrary, but appealing on
symmetry grounds.

Can you say what people do, or what would
you justify, for reducing predictions from
-oprobit- to integer categories? Any
notion of percent correct seems a bit more
elusive in the ordinal case. Why not
just -predict, xb- and calculate a
concordance correlation? Or even
draw a graph?