st: RE: How to svyset for the SIPP

From   Laurel Copeland <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: How to svyset for the SIPP
Date   Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:22:13 -0600

Stephen,
I do not know anything about SIPP and I hope someone on this list can
provide you with a direct answer to your question, however, when in a
similar situation with regards to NHSDA data, I put into the Google search
engine the terms,
 NHSDA 1997 Stata
And scoured the internet until I found a journal article where the authors
had used Stata to analyse 1997 NHSDA data (the ds I wanted to use). Then I
emailed the authors and one of them wrote back with the information I
needed.

This approach might work with SIPP.  For example, backing off the path below
to the US Census Bureau home page (top level of path), I used the Google
engine there to look for
 Stata SIPP
And one hit is a slide show with 2 email contacts on the last slide
(http://lehd.dsd.census.gov/led/library/presentations/Synthetic-Data-Census-
20041207.pdf).

I am not saying those 2 people will give you what you need, but the approach
may be useful.
Good luck,
Laurel Copeland
San Antonio VA