st: RE: -graph export- with dpi 300?

From   "David Harrison" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: -graph export- with dpi 300?
Date   Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:25:19 -0000

Bizarrely, none of the settings in the commands (e.g. -xsize()-, -ysize()-) seem to make any difference, but the size of the graph window does! Make your graph window bigger, and you get a better quality tif.

(Note that the options to -graph export- do not apply to tifs: "There are no override_options for the pdf, png, or tif formats.")

David
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Mueller [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 10 February 2005 10:00
To: Statalist
Subject: st: -graph export- with dpi 300?

Hi,

I have to produce a graph in 'camera-ready format' with a minimum of
'600 dpi, TIF format, 10pt Times New Roman typeface' (Stata8, Win XP).

I checked the manuals and the archives to no avail. My try is:

. graph export test.tif, mag(300) fontface(Times) preview(off)

Increasing the resolution with Phtoshop is not the preferred option as
it results in a jagged graph. The option -mag(300)- has no visible
effect, also the file size remains the same.

How can such graphs be produced? How can I include 10pt Times New Roman?

Thank you!

Rgds,
Daniel