st: re: leftist strings

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: leftist strings
Date   Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:01:36 -0500

Friedrich wrote

Subject: st: Re: Left-aligned string variables

Kit and Nick,

Thank you for your solutions to my problem. I did not know the
function -type-.

A number of the 'macro extended functions' are exceedingly handy creatures. If you don't have the Programming manual handy, do 'whelp macro' and click on the hyperlink 'extended_fcn'. Scan through the list and you will see quite a few useful tools. (There does not seem to be one that will extract the format of a variable, strangely enough!)

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics

* For searches and help try: