st: RE: RE: Re: How to plot bootstrap CI for the entire kernel estimation of y on x?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Re: How to plot bootstrap CI for the entire kernel estimation of y on x?
Date   Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:01:23 -0000

The fact that you were smoothing residuals
was not clear to me earlier. I am not
sure that it changes the issue very much.

I'll say that the issue was not what assumptions
you are consciously making, but of what
circumstances kernel regression works well in. But in
practice, looking at the graph of smooth
and residuals would be the best guide to
whether it was producing appropriate summaries.

I can comment on how far -locpoly- is visible.

-locpoly- was written by StataCorp developers,
but is not part of official Stata 8. It
was written up in Stata Journal 2003; thus
if your Stata has been -update-d since then
it should be visible to you, as all material
in the Stata Journal is automatically indexed
in the .key files searched by -search-.
In an up-to-date Stata,

. search kernel regression

points to -locpoly-.