Re: st: -update all- fails with " not found"

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: -update all- fails with " not found"
Date   Tue, 08 Feb 2005 10:00:50 -0500

At 09:03 AM 2/8/2005 -0600, Laurel Copeland wrote:
After being away from Stata for some months (and moving across the country),
I installed Stata/SE 8.0 yesterday.  I have tried -update all- 4 times since
then, several hours apart, but each time end up with the error that was not found.  Am I doing something wrong? Is there
a way around this?

Complete message:
file not found
server says file temporarily redirected to
The list seems to get variations of this problem every week! Follow the directions for a non-Internet update (both the executable and the ado files) contained at

Hopefully, once you have done that, all will be well in the future, but if not you can continue to update this way.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu