st: RE: Number of observantions in each of the cells of an N-Dimensional Array

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Number of observantions in each of the cells of an N-Dimensional Array
Date   Mon, 7 Feb 2005 21:30:20 -0000

I believe that -groups- from SSC will help
here.

-groups- was also discussed in
Problems with tables, Part II.
Stata Journal 3(4): 420--439 (2003)

Alternatively, it's not as difficult
as you fear. -egen, group() label- or -egen,
concat()- can create cross-combinations,
after which -tab, sort- will sort in
order of frequency.

Julio Estevez