st: graph files not recognized

From   Leonelo Bautista <>
Subject   st: graph files not recognized
Date   Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:53:39 -0600

I'm having problems with -graph combine- and -graph use- because Stata 8.2
does not recognize the graph file format. I get the following error message
when I try to redisplay the graph:

. graph use hx
file hx.gph is a new format that this version of Stata does not know how to
    suggestion:  type -update query-

However, -update query- replies there is nothing to update and I'm able to
redisplay and combine graphs in another compute (using the same

Any ideas on what's going on?

Leonelo Bautista