Re: st: a problem when copy graphics into word

From   "Svend Juul" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: a problem when copy graphics into word
Date   Sat, 5 Feb 2005 09:36:04 +0100

Bin Sun,
Try to follow this advice; it worked well for me:

To copy-and-paste a graph to another document, right-click the graph window and select Copy Graph. Paste it to the document with Paste Special. In a Windows environment the graph will be transferred as a metafile; there are two types, which you may select via the Graph Preferences:

   Prefs > Graph Preferences > Clipboard

Select Enhanced Metafile (EMF) or Windows Metafile (WMF); which one works best depends on your system and printer, so take a critical look at the results. (Sometimes, when attempting to copy a graph to Word as a metafile, it failed and I got a bitmap picture instead, but the second time it always worked; I don't know why).

Good luck

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000 Aarhus C,  Denmark