Re: st: Ungrouping income data

From   SamL <[email protected]>
To   Stata Listserve <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Ungrouping income data
Date   Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:12:30 -0800 (PST)

Not sure about your aim, but you might take a look at tobit, and check the
section on intreg.  It allows one to estimate a model on data that
contains any subset of a)cases with exact values, b)cases with upper and
lower bounds (e.g., like the ranges you describe below), c)cases with
values censored from above, and d)cases with values censored from below.
This command (-intreg-) may be of use to you.

Hope this helps.
Sam