st: RE: How to plot bootstrap CI for the entire kernel estimation of y on x?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: How to plot bootstrap CI for the entire kernel estimation of y on x?
Date   Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:16:54 -0000

-kernreg2-, of which I am notionally first
author, was intended to be a temporary fix
of -kernreg-, written by other people.

It didn't turn out that way, but no matter:
-locpoly- is now the recommended command,
in my view. In short, -kernreg2- is history,
except that it remains in the archives out
of inertia and for people still on earlier
versions of Stata.

However, both of them stop a long way short
of offering this kind of functionality.

Having said that, my own personal view is
that kernel regression is not obviously
the best thing for summarising how a
binary response varies with a predictor.
I can't offer more positive advice because
I am unclear on how far your problem is
tractable at all.

Eik Leong Swee