st: moving data to matlab...

From   simone chang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: moving data to matlab...
Date   Fri, 4 Feb 2005 08:57:43 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I am manipulating quite a lot of data in stata that i
then want to use in matlab to do some maximum
likelihood estimation and non-linear equation solving.

I am currently outsheeting all my data as an ascii
file and then reading it into matlab. is this the best
way to do this because i really have quite a lot of
data and it can be quite tedious, especially as my
data often has a structure which i want to exploit -
for example, i want variables with the same prefix
(e.g. ing001, ing002, ... ing100) to be columns of a
matrix,etc.

Does anyone know of a better way to do this? Thanks!

Simone Chang