st: Table Command to Matrix or CSV

From   Tristan Zajonc <>
Subject   st: Table Command to Matrix or CSV
Date   Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:16:41 -0500

I know very similar questions have been asked before but I haven't yet
found the right solution.

Is there a way to get the results from a table command into a matrix
or CSV file?  In the end I want in Excel.

The command I'm running is:
table x y, c(sum z mean z) row col

I know there are things like this for reg, tabstat, sum etc but can't
find anything for "table" and can't easily replicate the format using
other commands.

Help greatly appreciated.