st: Cluster analysis using my own proximity matrix

From   "V. Sarafidis" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Cluster analysis using my own proximity matrix
Date   02 Feb 2005 20:58:39 +0000

Dear Statalisters,

I've got the following question and I would appreciate if anyone could help me.

Stata provides a variety of commands in order to perform cluster analysis. Each command allows the user to specify the "distance_option", which refers to the proximity measures allowed by Stata.

For example, one may use the Euclidean distance metric if dealing with continuous data, or the correlation coefficient proximity measure.

My question is, is it possible to use my own proximity matrix in the distance option? For example, if instead of using the correlation matrix, I wish to use a standardized correlation matrix, is this possible in Stata?

Thank you in advance for any help you may give.

Vasilis

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/