st: Getting error message when using tmap

From   Daniel Lawson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Getting error message when using tmap
Date   Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:24:19 -0500

Dear Statalisters,

When I use tmap using a coordinate file I created from Census geography data, I consistently get an error message saying ``master data not sorted''
Does anyone have any thoughts as to why I get this error from the following script? When I use Scott Merryman's find county-level maps, I do not have this problem; when I use SuperPUMA maps that I generated from the Census bureau's geography data, I get this error. I imagine this means that the problem is in how my polygon data are sorted, but I cannot figure out what the difference is between the setup for my data and Scott Merryman's. Does anyone have any suggestions?

clear
use http://solidarity.flanner.nd.edu/data/SPUMA.dta
save SPUMA.dta
clear