Re: st: extracting tables from stata

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: extracting tables from stata
Date   Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:15:44 +0100

Rapson, Tracey wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wondered if there was an easy way to extract tables from stata for
> > publication. At the moment I create a log file, run my programs, open the
> > log file and scroll through until I find the tables and copy and paste
> > them into excel. However, even using the copy table command , this
> > doesn't always work smoothly and I have to reformat. This is fine for the
> > odd table but for my current project, I need to produce around 100 tables
> > for publication.

It depends a little bit on what sort of tables you like to produce. If you
talk about output from any sort of regression models -estout- will be your
friend. Type

. ssc install estout

and read the help-file on -estout-.

If you talk about crosstabulation or arbitrary collections of statistics,  the
case is probably somewhat more complicated. A good starting point than is to
read Roger Newsons Handout from the Stata Users' Group Meeting 2004 in
London:

 "From datasets to resultssets in Stata," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group
Meetings 2004 16, Stata Users Group. (http://ideas.repec.org/e/pne37.html)

He describes a general approach to produce any output you like, and offers
some very usefull ancillary-programs.

uli

+49 (030) 25491-361