st: Re: Scheme setting for graph region

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Scheme setting for graph region
Date   Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:41:46 -0800 (PST)

David,

Thank you for your suggestion to change a linestyle. Your message
gave me the idea to create my own linestyle for the background. I
looked at a message from Vince Wiggins from last year in which he
describes how to create a new colorstyle.

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-02/msg00587.html

I followed the instructions by Vince and created a file called
linestyle-backgroundframe.style, which contains the following lines:

  set width    vthick
  set color    red
  set pattern  solid

The new style file is placed in my personal ado directory. The scheme
looks like this:

  #include s2color
  linestyle background backgroundframe

With this scheme all graphs are drawn with a red frame.
Interestingly, it is not possible to name the style
linestyle-p16.style, which I had done initially, because it leads to
an error message.

. scatter mpg weight
(note:  named style p16 not found in class linestyle, default
attributes used

Thanks again for your help.

Friedrich