Re: st: RE: Suppress certain output in dstdize

From   May Boggess <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Suppress certain output in dstdize
Date   21 Jan 2005 10:54:40 -0600

On Friday, David wrote:

> Thanks for the advice.  However, I tried this and I get the following
> error when I run the first matrix command:
>
>.  use http://www.stata-press.com/data/r8/mortality.dta
> (1962 Mortality, Sweden & Panama)
>
> .  qui dstdize death pop age, by(nat)
>
> .  matrix C = r(Nobs)' , r(crude)' , r(adj)', r(lb)' , r(ub)'
>
> conformability error
> r(503);
>
> Anyone know why?
> -------------------

My guess is that David's Stata needs updating. In the August 2004
update, -dstdize- was changed so that is saved the standard errors,
lower and upper bounds of the adjusted rates. So Stata has not been
updated since then, the matrices  r(lb)' , r(ub)' will not be there
after you run -dstdize-. You can check whether they are there or not by
typing

 return list

after using -dstdize-. If not, type

 update query

when your computer is linked to the internet and follow all the
instructions. Then type

 whelp whatsnew

to see what is new. This is something you should do every month or so,
so you can take advantage of the improvements we are making.

--May