st: RE: kdens2 and scat3 problems. More general graph problems.

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: kdens2 and scat3 problems. More general graph problems.
Date   Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:22:11 -0000

Replies intercalated.

> - kdens2
> I've installed and tried kdens2.
> I got the following error message:
>
> . kdens2 linv lmkt
> option xtitle() not allowed
>
> the debugging yields:
>
>   - parse "`*'"
>   = parse "_lmkt _linv d, xtitle( Log[Mkt value] ) ytitle(
> Log[Investment] )
> ztitle( density
> > )"
> option xtitle() not allowed

Not my program. I think Stata doesn't like the []
in your variable labels. Change them and see if
the problem goes away.

> - scat3
>
> when runned, I get the following:
> sysuse auto, clear
>
> . scat3 weight length mpg
> note: projecting at rotate(45) elevate(45)
> dbstyle: class type not found
> (error occurred while loading object.class)
> object: class type not found
> (error occurred while loading scheme.class)
> dbstyle: class type not found
> (error occurred while loading object.class)
> object: class type not found
> (error occurred while loading cglobal_g.class)
> cglobal_g.new: class member function not found
> r(4023);
>
> and the debugging yields:
>
>             -class {
>             -    class:
>             -        class dbstyle dbstyle
> dbstyle: class type not found
>             -}
> (error occurred while loading object.class)
> object: class type not found
> (error occurred while loading global_g.class)
>

>               -    class:
>               -        class dbstyle dbstyle
> dbstyle: class type not found
>               -}
> (error occurred while loading object.class)
> object: class type not found
> (error occurred while loading scheme.class)
> scheme.new, scheme(s2color): class member function not found
>
> I do not know how to deal with these problems.
>
> My executable is up to date (10 Jan 2005).

My program.

I can't reproduce this. In any case, you
are being thrown out of Stata's code here.
Perhaps you should make sure all your ados are up-to-date
as well as the executable.