RE: st: curious crash of linux xstata8

From   [email protected] (Derek Wagner, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: curious crash of linux xstata8
Date   Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:00:40 -0600

Arnold Kester wrote:

> I have repeatedly crashed xstata by starting xstata from an xterm,
>

> then giving the stata command -cd driveD/data-
> choose "search" from the help menu
> type "foo" in the search text
> enter to start search; the search says: "No search results found for
> "foo"
> click OK
> Crash; the xstata window disappears without a trace.

Thank you for pointing this out.  The problem has been addressed and
the solution will be available in the next executable update.

In the meantime, you can get around the problem by opening the Stata Viewer
before performing your _first_ search.  For example, instead of going straight
to Help->Search, click on the "Start Viewer" button and then do a search.

You only have to do this once after starting xstata--for any additional
searches, you can go straight to Help->Search.

Derek Wagner
<[email protected]>