Re: st: curious crash of linux xstata8

From   Arnold Kester <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: curious crash of linux xstata8
Date   Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:40:23 +0100

Op 01/13/2005 02:05 PM schreef Neil Shephard:
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:47:35 +0100, Arnold Kester
<[email protected]> wrote:

Stata 8 (10 jan 2005) on red hat linux 7.1

I have repeatedly crashed xstata by starting xstata from an xterm,

then giving the stata command -cd driveD/data-
choose "search" from the help menu
type "foo" in the search text
enter to start search; the search says: "No search results found for "foo"
click OK
Crash; the xstata window disappears without a trace.

If I do anything between opening stata and the cd, the crash doesn't
happen.

The crash is not specific to the search word(s), only to nothing being
found.

The crash is not specific to the directory where I cd to.

I have followed the steps you describe and am unable to replicate the problem.

Distribution          slackware 9.1
Kernel version     2.6.9 (custom compile)
Stata born           10 Jan 05

Ah, so it must my ageing hard and software! Not that it bothers me, I just thought it a curious crash, when almost nothing happens.

Oh, and it also crashes when I cd to a linux drive in the "crash intsructions" above (my driveD is FAT).

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Arnold Kester

*