st: AW: can't print -tmap- output

From   Buechte, Sebastian (Institut f�r Arbeitswissenscha ften) <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: AW: can't print -tmap- output
Date   Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:26:03 +0100

Austin,

here is a third and maybe easier way that just came across my mind:

c) you copy the graph from the graph window in stata and then paste it into you MS Word document,

- (Resize and position it)

- Then you right-click over the displayed image in you word document and choose the 4th menu 	item which might say "Change image..." or anything that indicates that when clicking on this you will be able to work-over the image (I just have a German version where it says "Bild bearbeiten..." which I think does not help you too much ;). A different border should not be displayed arround your graph in the document, indicating that this is now a drawing area.

- Once you have done that you can leave the "work-over" mode by clicking anywhere outside the image in you MS Word document. If you now print it out that black background thing should be gone.

- Resizing the image after you have done that turned out to be really difficult, so I would advise you to do all resize action before you choose to click that mentioned context menu item.

Sebastian

ps. This is an easier way, but still if you want to be real flexible and free about that what you want to do with you graph I would always prefer method b) from my earlier mail to this list.