st: Announce: Stat/Transfer Version Eight is shipping

From   Steven Dubnoff <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Announce: Stat/Transfer Version Eight is shipping
Date   Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:41:16 -0800

We are pleased to announce that Version Eight of Stat/Transfer is shipping for Windows and Unix (A new Mac version will ship soon).

Among the improvements are:

A new data viewer (Windows)

Vastly improved SAS support

No Limits on file size or number of variables/labels

Reads Compressed files (both RDC and RLE)

Directly reads value labels from Windows catalogs

32 bit and 64 bit files are supported for read and write

Excel '97+ files are now written with long strings and a 64K row limit

SPSS version 12 and 13 features supported (long variable names and strings)

SPSS user missing values are mapped to Stata extended (.a-.z) missing

Access variable descriptions become variable labels

Append operations to Access and ODBC tables are supported

Paradox versions 7-9 are supported.

Complete information and downloadable demos are available from our website.

Best wishes,

Steve

Steven Dubnoff [email protected]
Circle Systems We make your data instantly usable.
Download Stat/Transfer from http://www.stattransfer.com
1001 Fourth Avenue, #3200 (206) 682-3783
Seattle, WA 98154 Fax (206) 328-4788

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/