Re: st: regression models with small number of clusters

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: regression models with small number of clusters
Date   Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:44:01 +0000

Krishna doesn't tell us which "factors" are being assessed as predictors of patient satisfaction. However, I think I would probably use a fixed-effects model here. It seems more realistic to calculate clinic-adjusted mean satisfaction differences (or geometric mean satisfaction ratios) for the population of patients in these 12 clinics than to attempt to make inferences about the population of clinics at large, based on such a small sample of clinics.

Hope this helps.

Roger