st: regression analysis with few clusters

From   "Krishna D. Rao" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: regression analysis with few clusters
Date   Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:13:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi ,

I was hoping I could get some advice on doing
regression analysis when the data comes from few
clusters. The data I am using comes from 12 clusters
and the mean cluster size is around 30. I understand
that some standard methods for regression analysis
using clusterd data (e.g. multiple linear regression,
GEE) provide consistent estimates only when the number
of clusters is large. What would be the best approach
in my case where there are few clusters of reasonably
large size ? Would RE, RE with ML or FE models be
appropriate. Would love to hear form you and many
thanks in advance.

Best
Krishna
Department of International Health