st: Perhaps someone out there can help me with this problem

From   Jon Ebeling <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Perhaps someone out there can help me with this problem
Date   Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:08:30 -0800

I've been working through Hamilton's Statistics with Stata8, and when I try to "copy" the line from page 230 illustrating the start of a conditional effect plot I run across the following:

. graph twoway line yhat1 gnpcap, xlabel ( , grid) xline (230 10890)
option xlabel() not allowed
invalid syntax
r(198);

I have tried various edits to solve this problem and non of them are working. I've finally given up and asked for the help of members of this statalist. The data base is called nations.dta.

If there is someone who knows what is wrong here I am in your debt.

thanks and happy new year.

jon ebeling

*
* For searches and help try: