st: how to create all possible combinations for the observations of 1-variable data

From   sarah smith <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to create all possible combinations for the observations of 1-variable data
Date   Tue, 21 Dec 2004 01:23:43 -0500

Dear Stata users;

I have a 1-variable Stata file like:
var1
and I would like to create all possible combinations of observations as below:
var1 var2
A     A
A     B
A     C
B     A
B     B
B     C
C     A
C     B
C     C
I would appreciate if you can help me how to create above file.
Thank you very much,
Sarah