st: RE: Re: order string with two way table

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: order string with two way table
Date   Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:19:46 -0000

First, please do not send attachments to
the list. (That is, no Vcards please.)

Second, 300 string values is not too many
for this method. That implies at most 300
string categories and you can easily define that
many distinct value labels. The fact is that
if you do not want alphanumeric string
ordering, but some other ordering, you
must tell Stata what that ordering is.