Re: st: Refresh an Ado file when is programing: <--thanks

From   Xavi Barber <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Refresh an Ado file when is programing: <--thanks
Date   Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:10:41 +0100

Thank you everybody .

At 21:06 16/12/2004, you wrote:

Thank you Vince, for clarifying this.

Ricardo.

--- "Vince Wiggins, StataCorp" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> <[email protected]>, Ricardo Ovaldia
> <[email protected]> writes
>
> > I find that sometimes -discard- does not always
> work, so I like
> > using -program drop _all- instead.
>
> and Nick Cox <[email protected]> commented
> further that
>
> > -discard- as I understand it includes -program
> drop _all-.
>
> That is very close, but the distinction is a bit
> more subtle.  -discard- drops
> all "automatically loaded programs" and that means
> any programs defined by any
> ado-file.  It does not drop programs defined
> interactively or in do-files.
> -program drop _all- does not distinguish and drops
> them all.  It would be
> extremely rare, but neither will drop a program if
> that program is currently
> running, for example if -discard- were a line in the
> program itself or a
> subprogram called by the program.
>

> -- Vince
>    [email protected]