Re: st: Refresh an Ado file when is programing

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Refresh an Ado file when is programing
Date   Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:55:17 -0500

The -discard- command will drop all *automatically* loaded programs; that is, programs loaded from an .ado file. It will not, however, drop user-entered programs, including those that are part of .do files. Consider:

. prog define nickprog
1. di "hello world"
2. end

. nickprog
hello world

. discard

. nickprog
hello world

. prog dir
78 nickprog
--------
78

. prog drop _all

. nickprog
unrecognized command: nickprog
r(199);

.

So, if your programs are in an .ado file, then -discard- should do it; if they are in a .do file or typed interactively, then you need to use -program drop-.

--Nick