RE: st: Creating a dataset from a file with multiple observations

From   "Natarajan, Raj" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Creating a dataset from a file with multiple observations
Date   Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:27:20 -0500

I want only the records corresponding to the first procedure 1 dates and
not all cases where procedure 1 was done. For example if procedure 1 was
done on a patient on date1, date1, date1 and again on date2, date2,
date2, I need only the first three cases corresponding to date1, date1,
date1.

Raj Natarajan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Svend Juul
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 10:40 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Creating a dataset from a file with multiple
observations

Raj Natarajan wanted (if I understood it right) to reduce a dataset to
the observations where Procedure==1.

This is simple:
  keep if Procedure==1

But I have the feeling that the question is more complex. Is it?

Svend Juul

Svend Juul
Institut for Epidemiologi og Socialmedicin (Dept. Epidemiology and
Social Medicine) Vennelyst Boulevard 6 DK-8000 Aarhus C,  Denmark Phone,
work:  +45 8942 6090 Phone, home:  +45 8693 7796
Fax:          +45 8613 1580
E-mail:       [email protected]