st: STATA 9 - when will it be released?

From   "jockmcdock" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: STATA 9 - when will it be released?
Date   Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:50:19 -0000

Hi

is there any news on when Stata 9 will be released? I currently work
at two sites. At one site, I have Stata 7 (single user) and at the
other Stata 8 (university licence). As I often do work on the fly at
one site for the other, I have to make sure that data files are
compatible (i.e. version 7). I could update from 7 to 8, but if Stata
9 is released, my Stata 8 version will 'automatically' be updated
version 9 and I will be back in the same situation (which I'd like to
avoid). So, if there any plans to release STATA 9, I'd be pleased to
hear of them.

Regards

Joseph