RE: st: how to recover data saved with tabstat ?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: how to recover data saved with tabstat ?
Date   Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:42:13 -0000

But this is like going from Padova to Venezia via Milano
and Firenze. You'd see a lot on the way, and
you could meet some friends, but it is still a very
indirect route.

As others have pointed out, -tabstat- is a pretty
awkward device for getting the means into
a variable, which seems your main concern here.

egen mean = mean(foreign), by(trunk)

is much more direct.

Giulio Rizzoli