st: Re: output of matrices (statsmat and Excel)

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: output of matrices (statsmat and Excel)
Date   Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:08:37 -0500

Herve said

I am working on descriptive statistics for a paper and followed Kit's
suggestion to use statsmat instead of tabstat. I get a nice matrix and
read that I should use outtable to get it in a file.

A definition of LaTeX is given at
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci880827,00.html

outtable does not support tab-delimited output (which is likely to be used in some less attractive form of word processing). However one could readily use svmat to generate variables from the contents of the matrix and outfile to produce such output. Alternatively, one could produce a clone of outtable that used tab delimiters rather than LaTeX's "&" between cells and "\\" at end of line.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

*
* For searches and help try: