st: Measuring association between nominal variables: Interpreting lambda

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Measuring association between nominal variables: Interpreting lambda
Date   Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:11:47 -0500

I have installed the 'lambda' module to obtain a Goodman Kruskal measure of
association between nominal variables.  Can anyone tell me what is the
maximum number of rows and columns that can be used and secondly how one
interprets the result?  I obtain lambda_a, lambda_b, and a plain lambda.
What do they each mean?  Thanks, Omar

Omar McDoom, Research Fellow
Intra-State Conflict & International Security Program
Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
79 John F. Kennedy St. Cambridge, MA 02138
Office:  +1 617 496 2569;  Mobile:  +1 617 642 5233
Fax: +1 617 496 0606