Re: st: IV est. /w binary endogenous and binary dependent var

From   "Mark Schaffer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: IV est. /w binary endogenous and binary dependent var
Date   Thu, 09 Dec 2004 11:10:30 -0000

I had a look at biprobit, too.  The syntax seems compatible with what
Guido wants to do, e.g.,

biprobit (y = w x1-xn) (w = z x1-xn)

but it wasn't clear to me from a quick perusal of the manual entry
that biprobit will properly handle the fact that the w that appears
in the first eqn is the dependent variable in the second.  The help
file refers to this as a "Seemingly unrelated bivariate probit
model", which makes me think that it won't do what Guido wants.

Any biprobit experts out there who can clarify this?

--Mark