st: Charts/Graphs

From   "Ronnie Babigumira" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Charts/Graphs
Date   Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:59:13 +0100

Hi all, this is a none stata question (hopefully I dont get reprimanded
for abusing the bandwidth).

Every once in a while I need to draw some charts to illustrate a point
(simple example, say a demand curve). I use MSOffice so I have tried
using MS Word's drawing kit but the charts/graphs are simply never good
enough and they get worse with increasing sophistication of the
charts/graphs. I have tried to find an alternative and while there are
some options for drawing organistation trees, I have not particulary
found one suited for graphs.

Im guessing this is something some on this list do so I would like to
get some pointers on some good software for drawing graphs (please note,
these are not usually based on data otherwise of course stata would be
my all in all, just illustration graphs).

Many thanks

Ronnie