RE: st: Stata update

From   "Garrard, Wendy M." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata update
Date   Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:07:04 -0600

If you are running update for the first time after installing Stata from
the cd, you should try going to the Stata website and manually download
the update files to a temp folder on your hard drive, then follow
instructions (available on the website) for completing the manual
update.

I had this problem when I first acquired Stata, and tech support folks
advised me to do as above. I believe there is some sort of glitch in the
initial Ver 8 regarding the update.  There is a patch in the update
which will fix it for subsequent updates -- the catch being that you
have to first install the update to get the patch working.

Regards,
wg

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jitian Sheu
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 6:50 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: Stata update

Not exactly,
Yes, I can update the executable as well.
However, I performed the "update" many times, and every time, it got
stuck
on different place.
Most important, when Stata is updating, it seems the whole CUP is
occupied.
I almost can not use any other software....