Re: st: RE: xtabond machinations

From   Danielle H Ferry <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: xtabond machinations
Date   Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:57:30 -0500

Salvati, Jean wrote:

2) If x(t) is predetermined instead of endog in my model, there is no need to instrument for x(t-1) - x(t-2). Will Stata know this?
It's your responsibility to tell xtabond whether x is predetermined,
endogenous, or exogenous. How to do this is explained in the doc.
Exogenous regressors can (and should) be used as instruments (for
themselves). xtabond automatically does that.
Sorry, I should have made that question more clear. Actually I meant does Stata know that there is no need to instrument for x(t-1) - x(t-2). Are you saying that Stata will instrument for all regressors?
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/