st: Two stage models and dichotomous outcomes

From   Marcello Pagano <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Two stage models and dichotomous outcomes
Date   Wed, 08 Dec 2004 11:03:12 -0500

Hi,

I am estimating a two stage model in which both of the dependent
variables are dichotomous.  I recognize that the nonlinearity associated
with this specification is problematic.  However, has anyone found an
acceptable command in Stata to deal with such a situation?  I have
investigated a number of commands (i.e. probitiv and ivprob) and have
not found one that I feel is appropriate for my model.

Thanks very much

Catherine Maclean